Effective Date: November 10, 2019
The Building Business Podcast
c/o Matt Thiry Law, LLC
P.O. Box 923054
Peachtree Corners, GA 30010
OR via email at Matt@TheBuildingBusinessPodcast.com
For EU consumers, if you feel that your Personal Information has been processed in a way that does not comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory authority will be the point of contact with respect to the progress and outcome of your complaint.
This policy applies to information we collect:
(i) On our Website(s).
(ii) Via email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website(s).
It does not apply to information collected by:
(i) Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries).
(ii) Any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website(s).
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect information that you choose to provide us and that personally identifies you such as your name, e-mail address, and other personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). As authorized by you (opt-in consent) or permitted by law, your Personal Information may also be used by us to directly market products and services that may be of interest to you. The decision to provide this information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Website(s) or Services. The lawful bases for processing your Personal Information in this manner include Our legitimate interest, compliance with legal obligations, and the performance of any contractual relationship requested by you.
Usage Data and Site Activity
We automatically collect and analyze information in connection with the actions you take on the Website and in connection with using the Services (“Usage Data”) to improve the Website, Services and User experience. This data includes, but is not limited to, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your IP address, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Website, and aggregate data about the pages visited. This anonymous usage information may be associated with your username and profile, but we do not disclose this information to third parties. The lawful bases for processing your Personal Information in this manner include our legitimate interest, compliance with legal obligations, and the performance of a contractual relationship with you. We collect demographic data in order to determine where our Website’s traffic is coming from and how people are finding us. We verify the accuracy of this information by using a free, online service that tracks this information. We collect this information through Google Analytics. The information is collected involuntarily and remains confidential.
Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
Do Not Track Disclosure
Additionally, although some Internet browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, we are currently not set up to respond to such signals.
Sharing Your Information
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, change in control, or other sale, transfer, or other action with respect to of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about the Website users is among the assets affected.
- If we were previously authorized or are otherwise permitted by law to share your Personal Information with our affiliates and Advertising Partners to provide you with information that may be relevant to you, including for their own marketing purposes.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may disclose aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about the Website users without restriction.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also retain your Personal Information for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended where there is an ongoing business need to retain it. This includes retention to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax and/or accounting obligations. We do so in accordance with our data retention policies and applicable law.
Third Party/Affiliate Sharing/E-Mail Marketing
Matt@TheBuildingBusinessPodcast.com at any time and ask to be removed.
We may continue to send you certain transactional email communications (e.g. emails regarding account notifications, customer support questions and similar information) regarding your use of the Site and Services.
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected or deleted;
- Object to having your Personal Information processed;
- Request that we delete any and all Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request that we restrict processing your Personal Information;
- Request that you not be subject to automated decision-making including profiling; or
- Receive your Personal Information in a structured, prevailing, and machine-readable form and/or have your Personal Information transferred to another controller, where technically feasible.
You understand that we cannot assure the prevention of all loss, misuse, or alteration of information provided, and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using the Websites, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not otherwise knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered or otherwise provided Personal Information, we will delete such information from our records. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us via email at Matt@TheBuildingBusinessPodcast.com.
Links to Other Materials